This Scenery Add-On introduces animated windturbines and windparks into your aeroflyFS simulator and thus bringing life to your scenery! The windturbines adjust their head into the wind and the blads rotate depending on the local wind speed! Visit the Swiss Wind Power Data website to find out where to find the windturbines and windparks in the aeroflyFS.
Click the image to enlarge it! – link to UAV
So far only tested with aeroflyFS 1.2 on Windows 7, 64bit
License: Attribution License 2.5
AeroflyFS implementation: Krzysztof Kaniewski
AeroflyFS moving map entries and landmarks: Karl-Heinz Roeder (Rodeo)
Designers of the 3D-Models: Brian Norman, barnabe
- Download the zip-compressed archive.
- Decompress (unzip) the file and drop its subfolder “windturbines” (that contains the “windturbines.tsc” file)
into your aeroflyFS user-folder into the sub-directory “scenery\places\”, usually located at
You may need to create the “places” folder first when this is you first aeroflyFS add-on scenery.
- The windturbines are now visible when you start the aeroflyFS the next time. To find them easier you can modify the movingmap icons and landmarks of the aeroflyFS:
- Find the aeroflyFS installation folder (containing the aerofly-fs.exe) and browse to scenery\suisse\movingmaps\ and backup the file “features.txt” somewhere on your computer where you can find it later.
- Edit the file “movingmaps\features.txt” with a text-editor like notepad++ or wordpad (default editor is not recommended) and insert all the content of “SwissTurbines_movingmaps.features.txt” from the download just before the last closing bracket “>”.
- Repeat that process for the “scenery\suisse\osm\features.txt” file and insert the content from “SwissTurbines_osm.features.txt” into it just before the last closing bracket “>”.
The end of the movingmaps-file should look like this:
... <[string8][summit] <[tmvector3d][Position][781351 152946 2668.5]> <[string8][Name][W]> > // // End of Swiss Wind Turbines // >
And the end of the osm-file should look like this:
... <[string8][place] <[tmvector3d][Position][781351 152946 2668.5]> <[string8][Name][St_Moritz Wind Turbine]> <[int32][Population]> > // // End of Swiss Wind Turbines // >
Save the file and restart aeroflyFS.