The screenshot is showing the Cessna 172 Mod in the payware add-on scenery “Monterey Regional Airport” by Orbx.
Formerly known as the cold and dark mod of the Cessna 172 this is a follow up mod of the default Aerofly FS 2 C172. With the recent additions to the default C172, namely the addition to cut the engine and it’s implementation of the mixture slider this “cold and dark” name was no longer very accurate anymore. Technically the default C172 is now cold and dark, too, which is great 🙂
The changes of this mod compared to the default C172 are:
- Propeller was changed, rotation speeds are a bit different, there is a lot more prop wash happening, you will also need quite a bit of right rudder during takeoff. In the air the aircraft flies pretty much straight with almost no turning tendencies
- Flight handling adjusted: Correct flight surface deflections, different airfoils, more accurate trim for takeoff and during approach, a bit larger propeller, significantly different airfoils and therefor pretty much overall changed behavior, slightly reduced ground effect,…
- Starter key auto-return. After successful engine start or after 10 seconds the magneto selector is set to BOTH to prevent the starter from being engaged for long times by accident.
- Left and right Yoke can be hidden
- Doors and windows can be opened and create drag when opened in flight (if you ever want to get down vertically)
- Sunshades can be turned using the mouse wheel
Aerofly FS 2 Steam Edition 220.127.116.11 (16th December 2017)
Current version of this mod: V10.1 (22th December 2017)
(previous V5 made about 848 downloads, V9 about 460 dl.)
This new installation process will result in two Cessna 172s in the selection, one will be this cold and dark mod, the other will leave the original aircraft unchanged. (The mod will be towards the end of the selection list, not next to the original aircraft)
- Go to your installation directory of the Aerofly FS 2 in the Steam apps, which is usually at
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator”
- Open the folder “aircraft” and copy the entire original “c172” folder. (Make sure not to touch the content of this folder during this process!)
- Open your documents and open the folder “Aerofly FS 2” (C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\Aerofly FS 2) and enter the subdirectory “aircraft”
- Delete any previous folder “c172mod”
- Now paste the “c172” folder from the clipboard into the currently opened subdirectory “aircaft” and rename it to “c172mod”
- In that “c172mod” folder rename the file “c172.tmb” to “c172mod.tmb”
- Delete all “.tmd” and “.tmc” files in the “c172mod” folder
- Downloading the zip file decompress it in a local directory.
- Copy all contained files and paste them in the “c172mod” folder